These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of Sqrrl Fintech Pvt Ltd’s Website and mobile application. Sqrrl Fintech Pvt Ltd is located at 33, Commercial Shopping Complex, Anand Niketan, New Delhi 110021, India.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and any or all Agreements
- “Client”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person accessing this website and accepting the Company’s terms and conditions.
- “The Company”, “Sqrrl”,“Ourselves”, “We”, “Our” and “Us”, refers to Sqrrl Fintech Pvt Ltd.
- “Party”, refers Client or ourselves.
- “Parties”, refers to both the Client and ourselves together.
Our services are designed to be compliant with the laws of India. This website is for the exclusive purpose of services to be carried out within the territorial jurisdiction of India and all such services shall be governed by the laws in India.
Notice is hereby given that Non Resident Indians (NRI’s) and foreign nationals accessing this web site and opting to avail services thereon shall do so after due verification at their end of their eligibility to do so. If you do not agree to any of the terms mentioned in this agreement, you should exit the site.
Availability of App or Services
The App and Services are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without any representation or warranty, express or implied. We do not warrant that
- The App will be constantly available or available at all. We shall have no liability to you for any interruption or delay in access to the App or services availed through it, irrespective of the cause.
- The information on the App or given through services is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading;
- That the App is secure or free of viruses, trojans or other malware; or
- The contents of the App do not infringe any intellectual property rights.
We reserve the right to modify the App, our technology and the basis on which lists and/or investment profiles are generated from time to time. This may vary the results that you derive by using the App.
We are not in any manner answerable, responsible or liable to any person, persons for any acts of omissions or commission, errors, mistakes of any laws in force from time to time.
We are not answerable, responsible or liable for any information on this website or for any services rendered by us, our employees and our agents.
The website/app uses market data which is sourced from external data content agency/ies and we are not to be responsible for its “integrity/availability” of the same.
We reserve the right to store and retain any and all information provided by you including the services used, information, account details and details of the transactions to comply with applicable laws.
Sqrrl Fintech Pvt Ltd owns all intellectual property rights in respect of the services including any literature, reports, data, designs, photographs, video, audio content, diagrams, tables, software, source code or object code or other information or materials, howsoever stored or held, acquired, created, developed, designed or in any way prepared, by Sqrrl.
The “Sqrrl” name and logos and all related names, trademarks, service marks, design marks, and slogans are the trademarks or service marks of us or our licensors.
Intellectual Property of Others
You may not upload or publish or share any information that belongs to another person and to which you have no right to. If you think somebody is violating your copyright and want to notify us, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to resolve your issue.
Without prior approval and express written permission, you may not create frames around our web pages or use other techniques that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our website.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right at any time and in its sole discretion to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our website. You agree to immediately remove all links to our website upon such request. We also reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions and its linking policy at any time. By continuing to link to our website, you agree to be bound to and abide by these linking terms and conditions.
Removal of links from our website
If you find any link on our website or any linked web site objectionable for any reason, you may contact us about this. We will consider requests to remove links but will have no obligation to do so or to respond directly to you.
Whilst we endeavor to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
You accept that the Courts in New Delhi alone shall have exclusive jurisdiction as regards to any claims or matters arising out of dealings with Sqrrl. All disputes will be governed by the laws of India.
Sqrrl Investment Advisory Services Account Terms and Conditions
Sqrrl Fintech Pvt Ltd (“Sqrrl”) is in the business of investment advisory services through its online technology platform. Sqrrl provides this “Investment Advisory Account” facility to enable the investors to evaluate and carry out the online transactions in the units of the mutual funds and is registered with SEBI with Registration no. INA100006612 to act as Investment Advisor and provides its services through its mobile application and website www.sqrrl.in.
This Sqrrl account/account facility is available only to the users who have registered themselves on the Sqrrl websites or Mobile application. As a Registered user, Sqrrl requests you to carefully go through these terms & conditions (“Terms & Conditions”) to avail the access to Sqrrl through its online technology platform. By registering with Sqrrl, you irrevocably and unconditionally accept all the obligations stipulated in the Terms & Conditions and agree to abide by them. Accessing Sqrrl on its online technology platform through any medium, including but not limited to the websites on mobile phones and such other devices, is also subject to these Terms & Conditions. These Terms & Conditions supersede all previous oral and written terms and conditions (if any) communicated to you.
- Advisory Services
- I / We shall provide all the required details to Sqrrl for generating an investment advisory action plan (Action Plan).
- I / We understand that The action Plan is suggested on the portfolio based on the risk profiling (according to the details provided by me / us) & the investment objective provided by me /us.
- Nothing contained here under in this Agreement shall bind, or require me / us to rely on, or act on the content of the Action Plan.
- Sqrrl shall perform its duties and obligations described herein with the highest standards of integrity and fairness and shall act in an ethical manner in all its dealings.
- Investment advisory services being provided by Sqrrl are segregated from the execution services.
- Sqrrl has taken all commercially reasonable steps to protect the confidentiality of all confidential or non-public information provided by me / us and shall not disclose the same in any manner, except as provided herein.
- Advice will be offered in an unbiased, transparent manner and in good faith. The Client is free to act on the advice offered by Sqrrl or disregard it. Sqrrl will not be responsible for any direct or consequential damage suffered by the client by acting on the advice given by Sqrrl.
Sqrrl will employ scientific methods to select mutual funds supplemented by human judgement. Execution services will be offered for only some of the areas in which advice is given and the member will be free to use execution services offered by others either partially or completely. All transactions shall under the Direct plan of concerned mutual fund under the RIA code.
When human advice on a remote basis is offered a Client will give complete, as accurate as possible data and information to Sqrrl to enable the human advisor to give advice that is best suited to the member. All advise given by Sqrrl must be in writing using email. Human advise will only be given by NISM certified advisors who have met the conditions prescribed by SEBI to provide investment advice.
- Registration and Transaction
Sqrrl will grant access to only those customers who have a registered Investments Advisory Services Account (“Registered Customers”) with Sqrrl.
Registered Customers will be able to avail investment advisory services and purchase, redeem and switch mutual fund units through this service. All transactions carried out through the Sqrrl platform shall be under Direct Plan and under the RIA code of Sqrrl.
I agree that any and/or all information that may be provided by me to Sqrrl from time to time, including but not limited to contact information, address and tax‐related information or any other information required under existing or future KYC or other norms and laws, may be shared by Sqrrl with the mutual funds/AMCs or their respective authorized service providers, auditors, legal and tax consultants in compliance with the extant legal provisions from time to time.
There may be an exit load/any other charge(s) applicable to certain mutual fund schemes which is mentioned in the respective offer documents including Scheme Information Document (SID)/Key Information Memorandum (KIM) and addendums issued thereto from time to time (collectively referred to as “scheme related documents”). I shall read/have read all the scheme related documents before investing.
I agree and understand that no change of address, mobile no., e-mail id and/or bank details can be allowed for such accounts, unless a duly signed hard copy of such written request is sent to the AMC/RTA/POS for signature verification and other formalities.
I agree to be communicated for all transaction related purposes to my registered email-id or by way of SMS to my registered phone number.
Purchase requests made through Sqrrl’s online technology platform shall be processed by the respective mutual funds/AMCs only after funds sufficient to cover the purchase price and other costs and charges have been received by the respective mutual funds/AMCs. Payments towards the purchase price and other costs and charges shall be made by the Registered Customers directly in the name of the respective mutual fund scheme(s) through the payment gateway made available by Sqrrl on the online technology platform. If for any reason the mutual fund is unable to allow a transaction for purchase or redemption of the full quantity of units such as transacted by a Registered Customer through the online technology platform of Sqrrl, the respective mutual fund/AMCs shall be entitled to process a lesser quantity of units being purchased or redeemed (as the case may be) by such Registered Customer. In such a case, neither Sqrrl nor the AMCs, their respective trustees shall be responsible for the non‐execution of transactions for the entire quantity or the remaining quantity of units.
Investments from persons from the United States of America (“U.S.”) and Canada may not be permitted in certain mutual funds. Sqrrl/AMCs/their respective trustee companies shall not be liable for rejection of an application by mutual funds, where the investor is a U.S. person and/or a Canadian person or such other prohibited investor as may be specified in the respective scheme related documents from time to time.
Transaction rights for Systematic Investment Plans (“SIPs”) will be pursuant to the Registered Customer executing the instructions, in the manner and form as prescribed by Sqrrl and/or mutual funds on the online technology platform from time to time. The instructions will be applicable to all SIP transactions whether presently existing or to be opened in future. I agree that, upon granting such instructions for SIP transactions, I will be bound by the terms of the relevant SIP scheme of the mutual fund to which I subscribe.
I agree and acknowledge that any transaction done or purported to be done by me on or before the cut off times on a business day as may be intimated by Sqrrl to me from time to time, would be processed on the same day. Any transactions done on the online technology platform of Sqrrl after the prescribed cut off time will be deemed to be received on the next working day and will be processed accordingly.
I agree that all authorised and complete transactions will be processed at the applicable NAV (as defined in the Scheme Information Document of respective schemes of Mutual Funds) subject to receipt of funds and acceptance of your transaction by the Mutual Funds/RTAs. However, Sqrrl shall not be liable for any loss that may arise to me as a result of incorrect NAV applied on units allotted to me by the mutual fund.
I acknowledge that any transactions done on a holiday would be processed on the next business day and the NAV would be applicable as per the respective scheme related documents.
I acknowledge that transactions once placed cannot be cancelled.
I acknowledge that any application for redemption, purchase or exchange or any other instruction must be correct, complete, clear and unambiguous in all respects and should conform to the prescribed procedure/documentation and regulatory requirements, failing which, Sqrrl/AMC reserve the right to reject the same and in such a case Sqrrl/AMC/Trustee shall not be responsible for any consequence arising therefrom.
I have read and understood the contents of the respective Scheme related Document(s) and the details of the scheme and I have not received or been induced by any rebate or gifts, directly or indirectly, in making investment. I hereby declare that the amount invested/to be invested by me in the scheme(s) of Mutual Fund(s) is derived through legitimate sources and is not held or designed for the purpose of contravention of any act, rules, regulations or any statute or legislation or any other applicable laws or any notifications, directions issued by any governmental or statutory authority from time to time.
I agree to comply with KYC (Know your Client/Customer) and KRA requirements as required under SEBI (KYC Registration Agency) Regulation 2011, SEBI Act 1992, Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002, all laws and regulations including but not limited to the Foreign Exchange Management Act, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) guidelines, to the extent applicable pertaining to my investments.
I agree and acknowledge that I will not make more than Rs. 50,000/- investment in all the associated AMC with Sqrrl if my KYC is process through Aadhaar No. – OTP or Bio Metric (eKYC). In this case if AMC rejects my transaction then Sqrrl will not responsible.
- No objection to Sqrrl
I grant my no objection to Sqrrl to do or perform upon my placing of transaction requests on the online technology platform of Sqrrl and at my risk and cost, all or any of the following acts, deeds matters and things
- To forward my transaction data and requests to the respective mutual funds/AMCs with respect to my instructions and orders of sale, purchase, transfer, splitting and consolidation of mutual funds units.
- To transmit to the mutual fund and/or the corresponding AMC, information relating to my nomination/changes in investment plan/any other changes made through the online platform.
- To obtain and forward to the AMC/its Authorized Registrar my information as available in the KYC records, including my signature. I agree that such records may be used by the AMC/Authorised Registrar for authorizing the transactions that may be submitted by me in physical/offline mode
- I agree and acknowledge that I will not process physical/offline mode transactions if my KYC is process through Aadhaar No.– OTP or Bio Metric (eKYC)
- Communication of instructions
I acknowledge that all instructions (including instructions for modification of this clause) shall be given by me only. I hereby authorize Sqrrl/AMCs to process and transmit such instructions given by me/us from time to time in relation to my transactions to the respective mutual funds/AMCs.
The transactions units may be done through electronic/ online mode as required by Sqrrl and AMC will process the transaction on the basis of such feed file only and you hereby agree and consent to the transmission of data by electronic means through the Sqrrl Investment Service Account facility. I agree that Sqrrl/AMC reserves the right to remove or add any method of making instructions for purchase or redemption of the units at any time at Sqrrl’/AMCs’ discretion. I agree that Sqrrl/AMC shall always have the right to change the modes of instructions for purchase, switch or redemption of units.
I agree and acknowledge that units purchased by giving instructions through any of the above modes will be deemed to be accepted for redemptions through the same mode only.
Sqrrl may refuse to transmit transaction data for the clients to the AMC/its authorised agents unless, they are given in a manner and form acceptable to Sqrrl and in accordance with Sqrrl’s right to verify such transactions. However, Sqrrl shall have no responsibility to determine the authenticity of any transactions done or purported to be done by me. I shall not hold Sqrrl liable on account of Sqrrl acting in good faith on any of transaction done or purported to be done by me.
The mutual funds/AMCs may at its discretion not give effect to my transactions where the mutual fund/AMCs/Sqrrl have reason to believe (which decision of mutual fund/AMCs/Sqrrl, I shall not question or dispute) that the transactions are not genuine or are otherwise improper, ambiguous or unclear or raise a doubt. Sqrrl/AMC/Mutual Fund/trustee of the AMC shall not be liable for any losses including but not limited to the loss of any opportunity costs incurred by me, if any, transactions are not carried out for any reasons whatsoever.
I agree to indemnify Sqrrl, AMC, trustees to the AMC, its respective officers, directors, employees and agents against any improper/fraudulent transactions, improper/fraudulent fund transfer transactions done or purported to be done by me on the online technology platform/payment gateway provided by Sqrrl. Sqrrl/AMC shall not be obliged to accept from me any oral instructions for carrying out any transactions in mutual fund units. Further Sqrrl, AMC, trustees to the AMC, its respective officers, employees and agents shall be indemnified for and held free and harmless from and against any and all costs, claims, losses or liabilities of any nature (direct or indirect) resulting from the act of purchase, redemption or switch of mutual fund units, together with any and all attendant costs and expenses including reasonable legal fees and expenses, that Sqrrl, AMC, trustees to the AMC, its respective officers, employees and agents may incur or be subject to, in relation to the transactions conducted by me on the online technology platform of Sqrrl. I also acknowledge that the security and the control provided by Sqrrl are designed to verify the source the communication and not to detect errors in transmission or content including discrepancies between names on the account numbers and that Sqrrl or any intermediary, may transmit data or take requisite action by reference account number only, even if the name on the account is also provided. Nothing contained herein shall require Sqrrl to violate any applicable laws, rules or the procedures/ instructions. Sqrrl shall have no duty to verify the content of any transactions, instructions and communication, whether or not authorized, sent in its name and accepted by Sqrrl.
Consent for sharing of information by AMCs / RTAs with the RIA
I have availed of the transaction execution services provided by Sqrrl through its online platform, for executing financial transactions in various financial instruments including units of mutual funds on the terms and conditions contained therein.
I hereby authorize AMCs / RTAs to share, disclose, or transfer to the RIA, information about my transactions in the schemes of mutual funds executed through Sqrrl, which are undertaken under the Direct Plan based on advice from Sqrrl, acting as my Investment Advisor (“Information”). I am aware that the Information shall be shared by AMCs / RTAs with the RIA in physical or electronic form, as may be deemed appropriate by the AMC / RTA. I am further aware that the RIA would be privy to the details of the folio/s once the same are handed over by AMC based on this consent.
I hereby give my consent to AMCs to provide the Information to the RIA and do hereby declare and confirm the following
- AMCs may require additional documents /undertakings to be provided by me in relation to sharing of the Information, in the absence of which AMCs shall not share or discontinue the sharing of any Information with the RIA. I do hereby undertake to provide any such additional documents/undertakings as required by AMCs from time to time.
- AMCs may at its sole discretion discontinue providing the Information to the RIA without any prior notice to me;
- AMCs shall share the Information with the RIA in good faith and relying on this consent, and I am aware that AMC is not privy to any arrangement /agreement that I have with the RIA.
- Upon termination of my arrangement/agreement with the RIA, the same shall be promptly intimated to AMCs by the RIA;
- Upon being intimated about the termination of my arrangement/agreement with the RIA, AMCs will discontinue sharing of the Information with the RIA, and AMCs shall not be responsible for any Information shared with the RIA post termination of my arrangement/agreement with the RIA, on account of the failure of the RIA to intimate such termination to AMCs.
I hereby indemnify, defend and hold harmless AMCs / MFs against any action, damage or liability that they may suffer, incur or become subject to in connection herewith or arising from sharing, disclosing and transferring of the aforesaid Information with the RIA. Additionally, I hereby declare and confirm that I will not hold AMC / MF liable and/or responsible for loss/damage of any kind or nature whatsoever that may be incurred or suffered by me for any illegal or unauthorized acts, omission or commission, fraud, negligence, delay in transmission/discontinuation of sharing of the Information, misuse of Information and/or default on the part of the RIA. This indemnification shall survive the termination of my agreement / arrangement with the RIA, and the termination of this consent.
- Holding pattern and Customer details
I acknowledge and agree that the Sqrrl holding pattern of the Registered Customer, as reflected in the Sqrrl system, is deemed to be the Sqrrl account holding pattern of the account holder/investor(s).
I also agree there will be no changes allowed in the holding pattern of the investors associated with the Account once the Account is activated.
I agree that once an investment is made using the holding pattern, I will not be allowed to change the holding pattern for the subscriptions.
The other requisite data (which is not part of the form) required to be reported to AMC/authorized registrar of the AMC will be extracted from Sqrrl account details maintained for the First holder. The mode of holding in all customer joint accounts is treated as Joint account.
- Statement of account
I agree and acknowledge that it shall be the obligation of the AMC and not of Sqrrl to regularly send to the Registered Customer (only to first holder in cause of multiple/joint holdings) such communications as required under the SEBI Regulations.
- Charges and Fees
I acknowledge that Sqrrl reserves the right to charge fees for any services offered by Sqrrl. Any new changes will be communicated by Sqrrl via email 15 days before such change is made effective, and will be displayed on the Sqrrl Websites. Further, I understand that I will be allowed to transfer my assets out of my Account without incurring any costs payable to Sqrrl.
I agree to pay Sqrrl nominal convenience fees for every transaction I make on the platform.
I agree and understand that any such charges/fees that Sqrrl may choose to levy will be in addition to those levied by the AMCs, if any. All fees, charges and reimbursement of expenditure shall be paid or made in full by me without any counter claim, set off or withholding. All liabilities and obligations of the customer hereunder to Sqrrl/mutual fund/AMCs/trustees of the AMC shall be joint and/or several, as the case may be.
- Third Party Risk
Sqrrl shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused by reason of failures or delay of the mutual fund to deliver any units purchased even though payments have been made for the same, or failure or delay in making payment in respect of any units sold, though they may have been delivered and I shall hold Sqrrl harmless and free from any claim in respect thereof. Sqrrl shall also not be liable for any delay, failure or refusal of the mutual fund in registering or transferring units to my names or for any interest, dividend or other loss caused to me/us arising therefrom.
In such instances of third party claims, the AMC/mutual fund/trustees to the mutual fund shall be liable for failure/delay only where such claims/losses arise due to a reason entirely attributable to an error or gross negligence of the AMC. In no event shall the AMC/mutual fund/trustees to the mutual fund be liable for losses/claims arising due to force majeure reasons beyond the reasonable control of the AMC/mutual fund.
- Liability of Sqrrl
Sqrrl shall not in absence of gross negligence on the part of Sqrrl, be liable to me for any act, omission or delay by the mutual fund or for any claims which I may suffer or incur as a result of or in course or discharge by Sqrrl or its employees, officers, directors duties.
Without prejudice to the above, Sqrrl shall not be held liable for any loss or damage or failure to comply or delay in complying with its obligations under these Terms and Conditions which is caused directly or indirectly by any event or circumstances beyond Sqrrl’s reasonable control. These include system failure, network errors, delay or loss of data due to the above and in circumstances of acts of God, floods, epidemics, quarantine, riot, civil commotion and/or war. I further agree that Sqrrl shall not be held liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs, liabilities and claims of whatsoever nature caused by fraudulent or unauthorized use or access of my information, and/or signatures. Sqrrl will be under no duty to verify compliance with any restrictions on my investment powers.
Sqrrl will not be liable for any loss, damage, cost, charges or expenses directly or indirectly caused by reasons of any defects or imperfections or mechanical or other failure with relation to computer, cable, telex, telephone or postal system.
While Sqrrl will make every effort to have its computer systems available at all times, Sqrrl makes no guarantees with respect to the availability of such systems. Sqrrl will make every effort to resolve availability issues such as network problems, virus attacks etc. in an expeditious manner. Notwithstanding these, Sqrrl will as such not be liable for any loss, damage, cost, charges or expenses directly or indirectly caused by reasons of lack of such availability.
Liability of Sqrrl, duly acknowledge by Sqrrl, on account of the services referred herein, shall not exceed the fees received from me / us in the last 3 months.
- Electronic Payment Gateway
I understand that funds transfer for purchase of units of mutual funds will be done by using an Electronic Payment Gateway facility for net banking offered through a third party net banking service provider registered with the Reserve Bank of India. I agree not to use or permit the use of the payment gateway or any related services for any illegal or improper purposes.
I hereby acknowledge that I am utilizing the Electronic Payment Gateway at my risk. I agree and understand that these risks would include but not be limited to the following risks and Sqrrl/AMC/trustees of the AMC, disclaim all liability and responsibility for any claims, losses, damages, costs of whatsosever nature arising due to such risks
- Misuse of Password: I acknowledge that if any third party obtains access to my password of the Investments Services Account, such third party would be able to transact on Sqrrl’s online technology platform. I shall ensure that the terms and conditions applicable to the use of the Net Banking password as contained in the Electronic Payment Gateway for Net Banking are complied with at all times.
- Internet Frauds: I understand that the Internet per se is susceptible to a number of frauds, misuse, hacking and other actions, which could affect payment instructions given using Electronic Payment Gateway or the transactions done using Sqrrl’s online technology platform. Whilst Sqrrl shall aim to provide security to prevent the same, there cannot be any guarantee against such Internet frauds, hacking and other actions. I shall separately evolve/evaluate all risks arising out of the same.
- Mistakes and Errors: The filling in of applicable data for transfer would require proper, accurate and complete details. In the event of my account receiving an incorrect credit by reason of a mistake committed by any third party, the concerned mutual fund/AMC or the bank shall be entitled to reverse the incorrect credit at any time whatsoever without my consent. I shall be liable and responsible to Sqrrl/concerned mutual fund/concerned AMC and accede to accept instructions without questions for any unfair or unjust gain obtained by me as a result of the same.
- Technology Risks: The technology for enabling the transfer of funds and the other services offered by the Electronic Payment and Sqrrl could be affected by virus or other malicious, destructive or corrupting code, program or macro. I understand that the site of Sqrrl or the bank may require maintenance and during such time it may not be possible to process my request. This could result in delays in the processing of transactions/payment instructions or failure in the processing of transactions/payment instructions and other such failures and inability. I understand that Sqrrl disclaims all and any liability, whether direct or indirect, whether arising out of loss of profit or otherwise arising out of any failure or inability by Sqrrl /bank/mutual funds/AMCS to process any transaction/payment instructions for whatsoever reason. I understand and accept that Sqrrl/AMC/trustee company of the AMC, authorised registrars of the AMC shall not be responsible for any of the aforesaid risks.
- Limits: I am aware that Sqrrl may from time to time impose maximum and minimum limits on funds that may be transferred by virtue of the payment transfer service given. I realize and accept and agree that the same is to reduce my risks. I shall be bound by such limits imposed and shall strictly comply with them.
- Indemnity: I agree and undertake to indemnify Sqrrl/mutual funds/AMCs/trustees to the AMCs/authorized registrar of the AMC from and against all losses and damages that may be caused as a consequence of breach of any of the Electronic Payment Gateway for net banking and the terms and conditions mentioned herein above.
- Withdrawal of Facility: Sqrrl shall be entitled to withdraw this service at any time without assigning any reason whatsoever.
- Binding nature of above terms and conditions: I agree that by use of this facility, I shall deemed to have agreed to all the above terms and conditions and such terms and conditions shall be bound on me in the same manner as if I have agreed to the same in writing.
Any notice or other correspondence addressed by Sqrrl to me may be addressed to the first holder above at the address given by me or as may be intimated from time to time. If according to me there is any discrepancy in the particular or details of my transaction or account of statement then I shall be obliged to intimate the same to Sqrrl and to the concerned mutual fund/AMC/authorised registrar of the AMC in writing within 7 (seven) working days of the first holder receiving notice thereof, falling which such transaction, statement or account (as the case may be) shall be deemed to be correct and accepted by me and I shall not be entitled to question the correctness or accuracy thereof.
- Use of Sqrrl Website
I acknowledge that in accessing and using the Services offered by Sqrrl, I may utilize the content and services offered on the Sqrrl Website. I agree to follow the terms and conditions for the use of such Sqrrl Websites as may be specified on such Sqrrl Website from time to time (“Sqrrl Website Terms”). Notwithstanding such acceptance of the Sqrrl Website Terms, I agree to the following
- I agree that all information, content, materials, products (including, but not limited to text, content, photographs, graphics, video and audio content) on the Sqrrl Websites is protected by copyright in the favour of Sqrrl under applicable copyright laws and is also protected otherwise under general intellectual property law.
- I agree that all information submitted by me to Sqrrl whether through the Sqrrl Websites or otherwise shall be deemed to be the property of Sqrrl, and Sqrrl shall be free to use any ideas, concepts, know‐how or techniques provided by me at the Sqrrl Websites, in any manner whatsoever.
- I agree not to copy, reproduce, sell, redistribute, publish, enter into a database, display, perform, modify, transmit, license, create derivatives from, transfer or in any way exploit any part of any information, content, materials, services available from or through the Sqrrl Websites, except that which I may download for my own personal, non‐commercial use.
- I agree that I will not use Sqrrl’s websites for any purpose that is unlawful, or prohibited by these Terms. I also agree that I will not use Sqrrl’s websites in any manner that could damage, disable or impair Sqrrl’s websites or interfere with any other person’s use or enjoyment of Sqrrl’ websites.
- I agree that the software and hardware underlying Sqrrl’s websites as well as other internet related software which are required for accessing the Sqrrl website are the legal property of the respective Vendors. The permission given by Sqrrl to access the Sqrrl websites will not convey any proprietary or ownership rights in the above software/ hardware. I agree that I shall not attempt to modify, translate, disassemble, decompile or reverse engineer the software/ hardware underlying the Sqrrl website or create any derivative product based on the software / hardware.
- I agree that not all the products and services offered on Sqrrl’s websites are available in all geographic areas and I may not be eligible for all the products or services offered by Sqrrl on the Sqrrl Websites. Sqrrl reserves the right to determine the availability and eligibility for any product or service.
- I agree that Sqrrl/AMC is not responsible for the availability of content or other services on third party sites linked from the Sqrrl website. I are aware that access of hyperlinks to other internet sites are at my own risk and the content, accuracy, opinions expressed, and other links provided by these sites are not verified, monitored or endorsed by Sqrrl in any way. Sqrrl does not make any warranties and expressly disclaims all warranties express or implied, including without limitation, those of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, title or non‐infringement with respect to any information or services or products that are available or advertised or sold through these third party websites.
- I agree that Sqrrl has the absolute discretion to amend or supplement any of the Sqrrl website Terms at any time without prior notice for such changes.
- I agree that an Account may be created offline, without accessing the Sqrrl website. In the event I create an investment services account offline, I understand and acknowledge that these Terms and Conditions and the Terms and Conditions of use of the Sqrrl website will continue to be applicable to me for the use of the Services.
- Customer Information
I agree to provide any and all information that may be required by Sqrrl/AMC/authorised service providers of the AMC from time to time in compliance with existing legal norms and regulations, including but not limited to contact information, address and tax‐related information and any information required under existing or future KYC norms and laws. I agree that Sqrrl/AMC/authorized service providers of the AMC may take steps to verify the veracity of such information provided by me and I agree to co‐operate with Sqrrl/AMC/authorized service providers of AMC in providing all information requested by Sqrrl. I acknowledge that failure to provide such information in a timely manner may result in my ineligibility to avail of some or all of the services of Sqrrl and that Sqrrl/AMC/Trustees of AMC shall in no way be held liable for any losses of whatsoever nature resulting from such failure to provide information on my part. I agree that any information provided by me may be required to be shared with relevant regulatory/statutory authorities and I authorise Sqrrl to provide all information to such regulatory/statutory authorities as and when required.
I hereby agree that:
- Mutual Fund investments are subject to market risks, and I have read and understood all scheme related documents carefully before investing.
- Whilst every reasonable precaution has been taken to ensure the accuracy, security and confidentiality of data and information available through the Investment Advisory Services Account, Sqrrl/its authorised representative/its service provider shall not be held responsible for any consequence of any action carried out by you.
- The services/facility may suspend or withdrawn at any time, and that the Investment Account facility is also subject to interruption.
- The Website and the linked backend infrastructure may be inaccessible and/or unavailable at times. In such an event Sqrrl will not be liable for any damage, liability, action, cause of action, suit, claim, demand, loss, cost, and expense arising directly or indirectly from or in connection with such system inaccessibility and/or unavailability.
- Sqrrl makes no express or implied warranty:
- that the dealing through the Investment Account will be uninterrupted or free from errors or that any identified defect will be corrected;
- that the service is free from any virus or other malicious, destructive or corrupting code, program;
- in relation to non-infringement of any third party rights, merchantability, satisfactory quality or fitness for a particular purpose.
- Sqrrl/its authorised representative and its service provider shall not be liable for any loss or damage or other consequences arising from any suspension, breakdown, withdrawal, interruption, technical flaw, the presence of virus or other malicious, destructive or corrupting code, programs over the Investment Advisory Services Account or otherwise and any consequent delay or failure in completion of any payment or other instructions as a consequence thereof arising from the use or inability to use the servcies.
- Sqrrl/its authorised representative and its service provider shall not be liable for any failure to perform any of its obligations or service standards etc if the performance is prevented, hindered or delayed by a Force Majeure Event, which includes any event due to any cause beyond the reasonable control including, without limitation, unavailability of any communication system including Internet, breach or virus in the processes or payment mechanism, sabotage, fire, flood, explosion, acts of God, civil commotion, strikes or industrial action of any kind, riots, insurrection, war, acts of government, computer hacking, unauthorized access to computer data and storage devices, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption codes.
Sqrrl may terminate the Services by giving 30 (thirty) days prior notice in writing to the Registered Customer provided that the Registered Customer shall not be relived of obligations hereunder notwithstanding such termination incurred prior to the date on which such termination shall become effective.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction Clause
All disputes and differences arising out of, under or in connection with these terms and conditions or anything done hereunder shall be within the exclusive jurisdiction only to the courts of New Delhi, India. These terms and conditions are subject to and shall be construed in accordance with the laws prevalent in India.
- Consent for Data Feeds
I / we hereby consent for all financial service providers, asset management companies and intermediaries to provide my / our data to Sqrrl, which is required by Sqrrl to provide services to them.
I / we hereby agree to not hold financial service providers, asset management companies and intermediaries who provide data to Sqrrl responsible for any damages direct or consequential that they may suffer. This consent provided by me/ us by agreeing to these terms and conditions and electronic verification may be deemed by Sqrrl, financial service providers, asset management companies and intermediaries to be similar to a signed written consent.
This consent covers static data and transaction data since inception. The data since inception is required for back testing and for other uses such as gain calculations. Ongoing transaction data and changes to static data can be shared as long as I / we continue to use Sqrrl services.
- Investor Declaration
- I hereby allow Sqrrl Fintech Pvt Ltd to utilize my KYC information such as identity (Name, PAN, Age etc.), address and signature for sending it to Asset Management Companies (AMC) for the purpose of validation and to comply with the legal and regulatory requirements. I hereby accept that for any transaction that are submitted offline i.e. with wet signatures, the signature available in my KYC records would be used for signature. I agree and understand that I shall be solely liable to inform the Sqrrl Fintech Pvt Ltd or Asset Management Companies in case of any change in my KYC information including change in signature etc and in the event of my signature not being updated, available or legible in KYC records, the Sqrrl Fintech Pvt Ltd or Asset Management Company would be within its rights to carry out further checks to validate the authenticity of the request or reject any such offline request based on existing KYC information.”
- I, the holder of Aadhaar number, hereby give my consent to Sqrrl Fintech Pvt Ltd to obtain my Aadhaar number, Name and Fingerprint/Iris for authentication with UIDAI if required. Sqrrl Fintech Pvt Ltd has informed me that my identity information would only be used for eKYC and also informed that my biometrics will not be stored/shared and will be submitted to (KRA) only for the purpose of authentication.
- I have read and understood the contents of all the scheme related documents including but not limited to Statement of Additional Information and Scheme Information Document, Key Information Memorandum (KIM), addenda issued thereto from time to time and Product Label of the Scheme(s) before making the investment (collectively called as the Scheme related documents).
- I agree to abide by the terms, conditions, rules, regulations and take note of the risk factors of the respective scheme(s) as on the date of this transaction.
- I/We have neither received nor been induced by any rebate or gifts, directly or indirectly in making the above transaction.
- I hereby declare that I am/We are authorized to make the above transaction and the amount invested by me/us in the scheme(s) is through legitimate sources only and does not involve and is not designed for the purpose of any contravention or evasion of any Act, Rules, Regulations, Notifications or Directions issued any statutory or regulatory or government authority from time to time.
- I confirm and believe that this transaction is appropriate for me as per my investment objective.
- I understand that Mutual fund and Securities are subject to market risks and there can be no assurance that the objectives of the schemes will be achieved.
- Investor Grievances
Sqrrl shall attend to queries and grievances promptly. Sqrrl being a SEBI registered intermediary, a client can file a grievance with SEBI if Sqrrl has not resolved the concern within one month of the concern being escalated to senior management at Sqrrl.
- Promotions and Referrals
You are solely responsible for determining whether any product or service offered through the Website / App, is appropriate or suitable for you based on factors subjective to you including investment objectives, personal and financial situation. You confirm that you have requisite knowledge and experience to understand the risks involved in transacting any product or service offered through the Website / App. Access and use of the Website/App is entirely at your own risk.
You authorize the Company and/or its Group Companies/ associates/ vendors/ business partners to send promotional or other information about various products, offers and services provided by the Company and/or its Group Companies through any mode including but not limited to Emails/SMS/Mobile connection/direct mailers or any other means. You also agree that in the event your contact number i.e. mobile number / landline is in the “National Do Not Call Registry” of “Telecom Regulatory Authority of India”, then you grant explicit waiver to the Company and/or its Group Companies in this regard.
You authorize the Company and/or its Group Companies/associates/vendors/business partners that they can record conversations with you for any purpose but not limited to quality control, record retention. However, we will keep such records confidential.
You authorize the Company and/or its Group Companies to share Personal Information/and/or transactional data with its Group Companies/associates/vendors/business partners for promoting/offering their product and services.
Sqrrl Experian Terms and Conditions
Information Collection, Use, Confidentiality, No-Disclosure and Data Purging
SQRRL shall access your Credit Information as your authorized representative and SQRRL shall use the Credit Information for limited End Use Purpose consisting of and in relation to the services proposed to be availed by you from SQRRL. We shall not aggregate, retain, store, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, sell or rent the Credit Information to any other person and the same cannot be copied or reproduced other than as agreed herein and in furtherance to CICRA.
The Parties agree to protect and keep confidential the Credit Information both online and offline.
The Credit Information shared by you, or received on by us on your behalf shall be destroyed, purged, erased promptly within 1 (one) Business Day of upon the completion of the transaction/ End Use Purpose for which the Credit Information report was procured.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The relationship between you and SQRRL shall be governed by laws of India and all claims or disputes arising there from shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Mumbai.
Capitalised terms used herein but not defined above shall have the following meanings:
“Business Day” means a day (other than a public holiday) on which banks are open for general business in Mumbai.
“Credit Information Report” means the credit information / scores/ aggregates / variables / inferences or reports which shall be generated by Experian;
“Credit Score” means the score which shall be mentioned on the Credit Information Report which shall be computed by Experian.
“CICRA” shall mean the Credit Information Companies (Regulation) Act, 2005 read with the Credit Information Companies Rules, 2006 and the Credit Information Companies Regulations, 2006, and shall include any other rules and regulations prescribed thereunder.
I hereby agree and acknowledge that:
- I am (a) 18 (eighteen) years of age or older, (b) Sound Mind and (c) I can understand, read and write in English language.
- Apply to open Fixed Deposit (hereinafter referred as “Deposit”) with Bajaj Finance Ltd (“Company/BFL”), for an amount as mentioned in the application form or in digital customer journey at Sqrrl Collectively referred as “Application” or “Application Form”).
- I have read and understood the detailed terms and conditions mentioned hereinbelow including the interest rate and other charges, the financials and other statements/particulars/representations furnished by BFL and after careful consideration, I am making the deposit with the BFL at my own risk and volition.
- BFL is authorized to pay the interest and Deposit amount upon maturity or upon the payment frequency selected by me, as the case may be, using the available online banking payment system, to the bank account stated by me in this Application or into such other bank account as may be instructed by me in writing to BFL during the term of the Deposit.
- The amount being deposited is not out of borrowed funds or funds acquired by accepting deposits from any other person or through any illegal or wrongful means.
- The depositor mentioned in this application should be treated as the payee for the purpose of deduction of tax, under Section 194 A/195 of the Income Tax Act, 1961, as may be applicable.
- I undertake to inform BFL timely and in writing, any change in the status of my citizenship, nationality or tax residence.
- I agree that in case of joint fixed deposit with a survivorship clause, in the event of death of one of the depositors, BFL shall be discharged by paying the Fixed Deposit proceeds prematurely to the survivor/s on request. I further affirm that the payment of proceeds of such deposits to either one of us represents a valid discharge of the BFL’s liability
- CKYC Consent –
i) I hereby authorize BFL to verify/check/obtain/download my KYC details from the CKYC Registry; a) by verifying such details through the CKYC number (i.e. KYC Identifier Number- KIN) provided by me or b) by furnishing such other details of Applicant, as may be permitted by CKYC Registry or c) by obtaining such CKYC number/KIN, through details shared by me for this Application Form.ii) I hereby consent for receiving information from Central KYC Registry through SMS/Email on my registered number/email address
- All particulars, information and details provided/to be provided together with documents submitted/to be submitted to BFL are/shall be true, correct and up to date. I have not withheld any material information that may be required by BFL. I am obliged to keep BFL immediately updated of any change in the information provided by me in the Application Form. In case any information provided by me is found to be false or untrue or misleading or misrepresenting, I am aware that I may be held liable for it.
- That this Application Terms, its contents and the information/details provided by me from time to time as pursuant to my Application Form Loan, may be submitted to:
a) subsidiaries and affiliates of BFL, any service provider/third party/legal entity with whom BFL may have business relationship and/or in reference to rendering services in connection with the product(s)/services availed by me.
b) to any Regulator, Court, Law enforcement agency, Quasi-Judicial authority etc. on a need basis;
- I hereby expressly authorize BFL and its Assigns (group companies/business partners/affiliate/subsidiaries/agents/representatives/empanelled merchants, service provider/permitted assigns and any such third party) to send me communications, including but not limited to promotional communications, regarding fixed deposit, loans, insurance and their respective products and/or services through telephone calls/SMSs/emails/post/bots/bitly etc. I agree and understand that products/services belonging to BFL’s Assigns, are governed by their own set of terms and conditions, which shall be in addition to and not in derogation to the terms and conditions prescribed by BFL herein. I understand that I can at any time opt not to receive any telecommunication;
- I understand that opening of Deposit with the Company may create legal, tax or other financial/ reporting obligations for me under the laws of the country of which I hold citizenship or reside in. I shall be solely responsible for undertaking and fulfilling any obligations that I may have under the laws of such country/ies and shall not hold the Company liable under any circumstance in the event of a default on my part in fulfilling the said obligations. I agree that, as may be required by domestic regulators/ tax authorities the Company may also be required to report, reportable details to CBDT or close or suspend my applications/ contracts
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF FIXED DEPOSITS:
- ACCEPTANCE OF DEPOSITS:
(i) BFL may accept the Deposit at its sole and absolute discretion and subject to the terms and conditions contained herein.
(ii) Where the applicant is a minor, the Company may accept the Application provided the Application is signed by the natural or court appointed guardians of the minor on behalf of the minor and upon submission of such documents as may be required by the Company.
(iii) The Company accepts deposits digitally only from resident individuals. The entities incorporated/registered/ constituted in India and carrying business in India are eligible for placing Deposit with BFL through other modes like branches or DSA .
(iv) The Company shall accept Deposits subject to the minimum amount of deposit prescribed by the Company under the Application. In the event amount received by the Company for placing Deposit is less than the minimum amount prescribed in this regard, the Company reserves the right to reject the application for placing the Deposit. No interest shall be payable by the Company in relation to such deposits.
(v) Deposits shall not be accepted in cash.
(vi) The applicant agrees to submit all documents and information as may be required by the Company in relation to the Deposit, in such form and manner as may be prescribed by the Company.
(vii)The Company reserves the right to accept or reject any application received for opening or placing the Deposit without assigning any reason whatsoever. The amount in relation to such rejected Application will not earn any interest and the said amount will be refunded as is within 30 (thirty) business days.
(viii) The minimum amount, period and rate of interest of the scheme will be as mentioned.in the Application.
- JOINT DEPOSITS:
(i) The Depositor may apply to BFL for making the fixed deposit in joint subject to a maximum of three applicants and subject to the condition that all the applicants (a) sign the Application in their individual capacities or gives the consent through electronic mode (b) submit KYC and other documents as specified by the Company and (c) meet the eligibility criteria specified by the Company.
(ii) All communications in relation to the Deposit will be addressed in the name of the first applicant appearing in the Application.
(iii) All the payments in relation to the Deposit placed in joint names including interest and maturity proceeds, will be made in the name of the first applicant in the Application including for the purpose of deduction of tax at source and any discharge given by such first applicant in respect to any payments made by the Company will be binding on the other joint applicant(s). The proceeds will be transferred to guardian, if the FD is opened in minor’s name.
- FIXED DEPOSIT RECEIPTS
(i)Electronic Fixed Deposit receipt (“FDR”)will be sent to email id mentioned in the Application Form by depositor(s) by default. In the event customer requests for physical Fixed Deposit Receipts , the same will be couriered to the depositor(s) at the address registered with BFL. In case there is any mismatch in data fetched from CKYCR and actual current address or data registered with BFL post booking of deposits, then the depositor will have to update his/her details with BFL
(ii) Deposit(s) are not transferable and non-assignable. Third party lien on deposit is NOT permitted under any circumstance except in favour of the holding/subsidiary and /or Group Companies of BFL.
(iii) In the event of loss or destruction or mutilation of an FDR (for any reason) and upon request received by BFL, FDR will be re-issued by BFL in lieu of lost FDR. Notwithstanding the re-issuance of FDR(s), the obligation of BFL is limited to the single FDR only, against which the money has been received by BFL. Under all circumstances, mere re-issuance of FDR(s) by BFL against single deposit of money will not result in duplication of payment or higher liability on the part of BFL. All expenses, if any, incurred in this connection will be borne by the depositor(s).
i. Individual applicants or primary applicants falling under special category of Senior citizens (i.e. persons more than 60 years of age, subject to provision of proof of age) will be eligible for additional interest at the rate of 0.25% p.a. on Deposit amount of up to 5 (five) crore;
ii. Individual depositor applying for deposit through BFL online link https://www.bajajfinserv.in/fixed-deposit application-form? ProductName=FD (where entire journey is concluded through online mode) will be eligible for additional interest at the rate of upto 0.10% p.a. on Deposit amount of upto 5 (five) crore;
iii. The applicant will be eligible for only one of the above-mentioned benefits per deposit transaction.
iv. Depositor (s) (individual depositor only and does not include entities) intending to renew the FD upon maturity will be eligible for additional rate of upto 0.10% p.a. for deposit size up to INR 5 Crore. Additional rate of interest will be over and above the applicable rate of interest/card rate. In case of online renewal through ______________(BFL Online Portal), only renewal benefit will be applicable
v. Rate of interest for deposits for an amount more than INR 5 Crore may vary from the published card rate and will be decided on case to case basis, subject to the cap on rate of interest specified by the RBI.
vi. Interest payable on a Deposit will be calculated from the date of receipt of the funds by the Company in relation to the Deposit. In case of Deposit placed through online mode, since the funds are facilitated by third party payment gateway, the funds are transferred to BFL’s bank account second working day of transaction date and accordingly the interest will be applicable from the actual receipt of funds by BFL i.e. second working day of transaction date.
The dates for interest payments are as follows:
a. In case of non-cumulative Deposits:
- Monthly interest payments: Last date of month
- Quarterly interest payments: 31st March, 30th June, 30th September and 31st December
- Half yearly interest payments: 31st March and 30th September
- Annual interest payments: 31st March
b. In case of Cumulative Deposits: Date of maturity of the Deposit
c. Interest for part period (i.e. other than complete month/quarter/half year/year) under Non-Cumulative Deposit Schemes will be calculated from the date of Deposit till the last day of the immediate next interest payment date. If a Deposit is made within a period of 30 (thirty) days prior to any of the interest payment dates, the interest for the part period will be paid on the next interest payment date.
vii. Once the applicant selects the Deposit scheme specified in the Application at the time of opening the Deposit i.e. the scheme, tenor and interest payout frequency, the applicant will not have the option to subsequently revise the Deposit scheme. In the event the scheme is not indicated in the Application received by the Company, the Deposit will suo-moto be opened under cumulative deposit scheme for a period of 60 (sixty) months. In case the applicant opts for non-cumulative deposit option without indicating the interest payout frequency the Application, the Deposit will be treated as placed under the annual interest payout frequency scheme.
(i) Nomination facility is available to the applicants. For availing the nomination facility, the applicant(s) is/are required to furnish the nominee details in this application form or applicant will be required to submit a duly filled ‘Form DA 1’ as prescribed by Reserve Bank of India. The “Form DA 1” is available in the branches of the Company & Company’s website at https://www.bajajfinserv.in/fixed-deposit-terms-and-conditions (“website”). Nomination made by the depositor/applicant(s) in the manner prescribed by the Company, shall be binding on all the joint depositor/applicant (s).
(ii) Upon request of the depositor(s), the Company will arrange to send forms for cancellation of nomination (Form DA 2) and variation of nomination (Form DA 3).
(iii) In the event nomination is not made by the depositor, the Deposit proceeds will be transferred to the legal heirs or legal representatives of the deceased depositor(s), as the case may be, upon submission of Succession Certificate/Letter of Administration/Probate of the Will to the satisfaction of the Company.
- PAYMENT AND RENEWAL OF DEPOSIT
(i) The interest payouts, premature withdrawal proceeds and maturity proceeds(unless it receives any request for renewal within the prescribed period before the date of maturity, will be made in the bank account mentioned in the Application or such other bank account intimated by the deposit holder(s) (jointly, if applicable), in writing, to the Company from time to time by way of NEFT or RTGS. In case of any rejection of such instruction for NEFT / RTGS due to any reason, the Company will dispatch the cheque of such payment in favour of the Depositor in case of single Depositor or in favor of all the Depositors, in case of joint deposit, within 10 (ten) days of the receipt of intimation by the Company from its bank about such rejection .
(ii) In the event of death of the sole depositor and/or all the joint depositors, all payment(s) in relation to the Deposit including interest thereon will be made to the nominee appointed by the depositor(s) on production of proof of identity and on execution of such other documents as may be required by the Company in this regard. In absence of nomination, the Deposit amount including interest thereon will be transferred to the legal heirs or legal representatives of the deceased depositor(s), as the case may be, upon submission of Succession Certificate/Letter of Administration/Probate of the Will to the satisfaction of the Company. In the case of joint depositors, the nominee’s right to receive the amount of Deposit including interest shall arise only after the death of all the depositors. The nominee, in the event of death of the depositor(s) would receive such amounts in trust for the legal heirs.
(iii) The request for renewal of the Deposit the customer can login to BFL Online Portal at least 3 business days before maturity date of deposit. Renewal of Deposits will be subject to the rate of interest and other terms and conditions prevailing on the date of renewal. FDR of the existing deposit may not be required at the time of renewal of deposits, as it stands null & void post its maturity date.
(iv) In case where the depositor has opted for renewal of deposit through Application Form submitted for opening of Deposit, the cancelation request for renewal, shall reach the Company at least 3 (three) business days before maturity date of the Deposit.
(v) The written request for renewal of Deposit or cancelation of Deposit can be submitted at nearest branch of the Company or sending by post/ courier to the Company or to the independent financial advisors or national distributors empaneled with the Company. No requests shall be accepted post the above-mentioned period.
- PREMATURE WITHDRAWAL:
(I) Premature withdrawal is permitted provided the Deposit has completed more than 3 months from the date of issuance. The death claims will be settled in accordance with the terms and conditions applicable to Deposit.
(II) A request form for premature withdrawal will have to be given by depositor(s).
(III) Deposits may be withdrawn prior to the date of maturity subject to the regulations of the RBI in this regard. The premature withdrawal of Deposit (including death cases) is subject to the following conditions:
(a) Up to 3 (three) months from date of Deposit: Withdrawal of the Deposit is not permitted. However, in the event of death of a depositor, the Company may repay the Deposit prematurely (irrespective of the lock in period) to the surviving depositor (which in the case of joint holders will be the first in the sequence of applicants in the Application) or to the nominee/ legal heir(s) of the deceased depositor, upon the request of surviving depositor/s/nominee/legal heir, as the case may be, and subject to submission of proof of death and other requisite documents to the satisfaction of the Company.
(b) After 3 (three) months but before 6 (six) months from the date of the Deposit: Withdrawal of the Deposit will be permitted; however, interest shall not be payable.
(c) After 6 (six) months but before the date of maturity of the Deposit: Withdrawal of the Deposit will be permitted. Interest shall be payable at a rate which is 2% lower than the rate specified for the period during which the deposit has been opened. In case no rate is specified for the Deposit period, interest rate payable shall be 3% lower than the lowest rate being offered by the Company.
(d) Income tax wherever applicable and deducted at source and remitted to the applicable tax authority by the Company on behalf of the depositor, before premature withdrawal of Deposit(s), shall not be refunded in any circumstance whatsoever.
- LOAN AGAINST PUBLIC DEPOSIT:
‘Loan against the public deposit’ facility may be provided to depositors against the Deposit(s) placed with the Company, subject to fulfilment by depositor(s) of the eligibility criteria and other conditions, as may be prescribed by the Company in this regard. Loan can be given against deposit only after 3 months from the date of Deposit. The interest rate on such loans shall be 2% higher than the rate of interest provided on the Deposit. The loan amount cannot exceed 75% of Deposit amount. At the time of availment of loan against the public deposit, physical or scanned copy of the FDR needs to be submitted. The loan amount will be credited in the same bank account registered with BFL.
9. OTHER TERMS
I. Income-tax, wherever applicable, will be deducted at source on the Deposit in accordance with Section 194-A of the Income Tax Act, 1961, except where appropriate Certificate/form as prescribed under the Income Tax Act, 1961 (refer to Form 15G/H enclosed with the deposit application form) is furnished to Company’s registered office at least 2 (two) months prior to the due date of payment of interest. At present tax is deductible, if the aggregate amount of interest paid or payable during the financial year exceeds 5,000/- (Rupees five thousand only). It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to provide the Company with a fresh Form 15G/H for every assessment year. Non-submission of relevant form or submission of incomplete/incorrect form may result in tax deduction and BFL will not be responsible for the same. Applicant can also fill Form 15 G/H through Experia. If the aggregate amount of interest paid or payable during the financial year exceeds INR 2,50,000/- (Rupees two lacs fifty thousand only) for non senior citizens, INR 5,00,000/- (Rupees five lacs only) for senior citizens and for super senior citizens (aged 80 years and above), then form 15 G/H will not be valid and tax will be deducted and paid to tax authority . The extant tax regulations/guidelines as amended from time to time will be applicable. Form 15G/H submitted with the Application, will be applicable for all the deposits made under the same plan during the financial year. For each financial year, Applicant will have to submit separate Form 15G/H.
II. In the event of cheque bounce, the cheque will be sent back to applicant’s address mentioned on the Application within 15 (fifteen) days. For all RTO (Return to Origin) cheque cases, the cheque will be held by the Company until the validity of the instrument, post which said cheque will be destroyed without further notice to the applicant.
III. In the event of death of any of the joint depositors, any modification in the names of the deposit holders appearing on the FDR and/or change in the bank account where interest and/or maturity proceeds are to be credited, shall be effected only upon submission of a notarized copy of the death certificate in the name of the deceased depositor along with appropriate instruction, to the Company, issued jointly by all the surviving deposit holder(s), in writing, to carry out such modifications.
IV. The Company will send all communications to the deposit holder(s) in electronic form from time to time at the email ID mentioned in the Application and through SMS on the registered mobile number. In case of failure in transmission of such communication, the Company will send physical copy of such communication within 10 (ten) days of such failure of transmission.
V. Any change in the address, email ID, bank account etc., mentioned in the Application shall be effected by the Company only on the basis of written instruction signed or consented by all the concerned deposit holder(s).
VI. The Company reserves the right to alter, amend or delete any or all the conditions stipulated above or to vary them in special cases or accept Deposits only for such periods as it may decide from time to time and to repay the Deposits prematurely before the date of maturity.
VII. The advertisement inviting fixed deposits mentioned in Annexure below shall form part of the Application.
VIII. Disputes, if any, arising in connection with the Deposit, will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of Courts at Pune.
IX. Requests related to any change in bank details should reach us at least 7 days prior to the interest or maturity payment
10. HOW TO APPLY
(i) Applicant(s) can apply to open Deposit with BFL by submitting physical Application from to Company’s branch or authorized distributors or by online mode by visiting www.bajajfinserv.in/fixed-deposit or visiting any of our affiliated partner websites.
(ii) The Application form should be duly filled and signed by the applicant(s). The amount should be deposited by online transfer or by a CTS compliant account payee cheque drawn in favour of ‘Bajaj Finance Ltd. for FD of <1st depositor name>’ clearly stating the deposit amount along with the application number on the rear side of the cheque.
(iii) In case of Deposit is being placed through cheque, Application form along with the cheque and required documents may be submitted with any of Company’s branch or authorized distributors. In case Deposit is being placed through direct credit to the BFL investment account, Application form along with copy of bank statement showing debit of funds and other required documents may be submitted with any of Company’s branch or authorized distributors. For any investment queries or information about our affiliated partner websites, write to us at email@example.com
(iv) Introduction of all the applicants is compulsory. Such introduction may be by any one of the following methods:
(a) The applicant can also obtain introduction from any other fixed deposit holder with BFL. The said existing depositor will be required to disclose his/her name and fixed deposit receipt number and provide his/her signature, as per specimen signature in BFL records;
(b) The applicant can also introduce himself/herself by producing original of any one of the documents (which contains the photograph of the applicant) mentioned in the list of Mandatory and Officially Valid Documents provided in the Application and a recent coloured photograph to BFL for verification. The aforesaid coloured photograph and a copy of such document produced is required to be attached with the Application.
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION
(i) In the event of non-repayment of the Deposit or part thereof as per the terms and conditions of such Deposit, the depositor may approach National Company Law Tribunal, Mumbai Bench at: 6th Floor, Fountain Telecom, Building 1, Mahatma Gandhi Road, Fort, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400001.
(ii) In case of any deficiency by the Company in servicing its Deposit, the depositor may approach the National Consumers Disputes Redressal Forum, the State Level Consumers Disputes Redressal Forum or the District Level Consumers Disputes Redressal Forum for relief
For any queries, visit our website https://www.bajajfinserv.in/reach-us. Select the <Email Us> tab and follow the directions to get your query resolved. You may also call BFL Customer Care at 8698010101 or visit our nearest branch. This is not a toll-free number and normal call charges will be applicable.
For Statutory advertisement you may refer the link given below :-
Statutory advertisement – Fixed deposit schemes in English
Statutory advertisement – Fixed deposit schemes in Marathi.
SQRRL may provides a technology platform or direct users to other partners (NBFCs/ Bank and Insurance companies) to offer their products viz Fixed Deposits, Insurance Policies etc to the customers. You agree and acknowledge the terms and conditions available with the respective partner. Sqrrl will have no liability to you in relation to these products.